BASF at NAHB International Builders' Show® 2018
Find us in Show Village (P14 in the Outdoor Exhibits) at this year's NAHB International Builders’ Show®.
Visit and learn how innovative chemistry and building science is revolutionizing how homes stand up to Mother Nature and outperform typically constructed homes today. With HP+™ Building Enclosure Systems and Disaster Durable Solutions you can build better and improve the performance of walls and roofs during wind and water events and significantly improve energy use, durability and comfort.
Schedule of events:
- Tuesday, Jan. 9 @ 11:30am - Mike Holmes will be stopping by
- Wednesday, Jan. 10 @ 9 - 10am - Joel May speaks with Professional Builder about Disaster Durable Solutions
- Wednesday, Jan. 10 @ 10 - 10:45am - Customer awards presentation
- Wednesday, Jan. 10 @ 10:45 - 11am - FLASH will be presenting BASF leadership with a 3D model of Breezy Point and BASF’s contribution to #HurricanStrong
- Build your own wall at our Pro Desk
Consult with our experts to determine what's right for your build and piece it together with samples.
- Experience our systems in a whole new way.
Pick up your Google Cardboard glasses in our booth. Download Blippar app on your phone so you're armed and ready.
Build BEYOND today, for a better tomorrow
HP+™ FLASH Liquid Flashing Membrane
What is HP+ FLASH? It’s a one-component elastomeric material for use as a flexible waterproof flashing membrane at rough openings. Easy to apply, even to damp surfaces, HP+ Flash is durable in all climates. Highlights include:
- adheres to wide variety of building materials
- saves time with a single material to flash rough opening and window
- fast cure and tack-free time
- no cutting or measuring makes for easy installation
- requires no special parts of tools
- thinner than flashing tapes
- broad application temperature range (above 25ºF without primer)
- guns and trowels easily
On Point Performance: HP+ Wall System put to the test
BASF, in conjunction with Building Science Consulting, Inc. performed testing specifically designed to investigate multiple factors that contribute to thermal performance, including thermal bridging, temperature effects, and airflow interactions.
Key Findings from Thermal Metric Test Data
- The air leakage condensation risk at the interior face of the spray foam is minimized because it is kept warm due to its placement in the system. Research has shown systems like HP+™ Wall System have 95% less risk of condensation compared to typical walls.
- It provides an airtight enclosure component, one of the keys to creating an efficient and durable enclosure system.
- The whole wall thermally outperforms walls with full cavity insulations, even in 2 x 6 construction. Its effective R-value is closest to its labeled R-value of any of the tested assemblies.
HP+™ Wall System
This isn’t just any wall. It’s a new way to build homes and buildings, one that increases the durability and longevity of a house, and makes economic sense for both builders and owners. It’s the HP+™ Wall System.
Virginia developer builds ‘zero’ energy home in six months
Keeping costs low and energy efficiency high in a completely solar powered community in Richmond, Virginia with Jay Epstein, owner of Health-E Homes Community Enterprises and the HP+™ Wall System.