BASF at NAHB International Builders' Show® 2019
That's a wrap! Great to see everyone at the 2019 NAHB International Builders’ Show®.
Build BEYOND today, for a better tomorrow
Congratulations to our High.Performance Award Recipients:
- Star R Foam - HP+ Supplier of the Year
- Café Construction - Canadian General Contractor of the Year
- Spraytek Insulation - Canadian HP+ Spray Foam Contractor of the Year
- Nebraska Building Products (TruTeam) - HP+ Spray Foam Contractor of the Year
- Effect Home Builders Ltd. - Canadian HP+ Builder of the Year
- Legacy Homes Omaha - HP+ Builder of the Year
- Smart Living With Logix ICF - Disaster Durable Solutions Partner
HP+™ FLASH Liquid Flashing Membrane
What is HP+ FLASH? It’s a one-component elastomeric material for use as a flexible waterproof flashing membrane at rough openings. Easy to apply, even to damp surfaces, HP+ Flash is durable in all climates. Highlights include:
- adheres to wide variety of building materials
- saves time with a single material to flash rough opening and window
- fast cure and tack-free time
- no cutting or measuring makes for easy installation
- requires no special parts of tools
- thinner than flashing tapes
- broad application temperature range (above 25ºF without primer)
- guns and trowels easily
Virginia developer builds ‘zero’ energy home in six months
Keeping costs low and energy efficiency high in a completely solar powered community in Richmond, Virginia with Jay Epstein, owner of Health-E Homes Community Enterprises and the HP+™ Wall System.
On Point Performance: HP+ Wall System put to the test
BASF, in conjunction with Building Science Consulting, Inc. performed testing specifically designed to investigate multiple factors that contribute to thermal performance, including thermal bridging, temperature effects, and airflow interactions.
Key Findings from Thermal Metric Test Data
- The air leakage condensation risk at the interior face of the spray foam is minimized because it is kept warm due to its placement in the system. Research has shown systems like HP+™ Wall System have 95% less risk of condensation compared to typical walls.
- It provides an airtight enclosure component, one of the keys to creating an efficient and durable enclosure system.
- The whole wall thermally outperforms walls with full cavity insulations, even in 2 x 6 construction. Its effective R-value is closest to its labeled R-value of any of the tested assemblies.
HP+™ Wall System
This isn’t just any wall. It’s a new way to build homes and buildings, one that increases the durability and longevity of a house, and makes economic sense for both builders and owners. It’s the HP+™ Wall System.